Mt Shuksan

In and Out of Consciousness, an invitation to peace. Anyone aware of the desire for self realization, interested in Advaita, non dualism, Hooponopono, opening the heart, anyone who wants to share with us is welcome here. You are the giver and the gift, at once.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Without judgment



A kept flower, withered, must feel this way
Despondent, and numb, shocked, hoping for that which brings life.

Refreshment far away, a thirst, if only I could drink in the love which you withhold for fear of love itself.

The distant sun, a memory, a root struggles to etch itself through parched soil that has no give… groping like a lover for it’s beloved.

Memories of fertile days, annihilated. Just as well. They had to die.
Freedom in the sun, joy of being, love of life, it’s roots planted in a clay jar captive in a dank basement, it’s soil parched and head now bent.

The hope or dream of a caring eye, to move the flower and wash it’s roots and plant it afresh, too much to hope for...now. Hope had to die.

Yes, I have feet, that move, regardless, there are requirements for the human soul, none the less than that of a flower disregarded..

2 Comments:

At 12:48 AM, Blogger lynn said...

A good friend suggested to me that hope and fear are both a part of attachment, including the attachment of love.

I had wondered about the difference between connection and attachment. Here's part of what he wrote to me. Intuition tells me hellZEN would be fine with my sharing this, here. I hope so. lol.

The words connection and attachment are confusing, particularly in a forum such as this. Im my opinion, the reason is that people from different mindsets and traditions use the same words to mean different things.

Since my mindset is, sort of, Buddhist - I take attachment to mean the state where we identify our relation to another as an enduring, and real characteristic of ourselves. As long as the other fulfills the role, the arrangement brings pleasure, yet we also begin to feel a threat due to the possibility of loss or change. Should the other change in certain ways, the connection is broken and we feel suffering or even anger.

Thus, attachment brings hope and fear which are the twin causes of suffering.

On the other hand, to my mind connection merely implies a recognition of sameness on a fundamental level. It is not the kind of sameness as in " Oh! I like sunsets too! " - but more like the way that a mother can recognize motherhood in another woman.

If we look hard enough, we can recognize the sweet being of light in everyone coexsisting with the pain of suffering and obsucration.

Somebody once said:
Once you see the face of God, you find Him in everyone's eyes.

That is more the way I see connection. When connection begins to grow, turning back becomes difficult. We find ourselves transforming from the Called onto the Chosen.

may you rest well tonite
hellZEN
**********************
I don't know how to do my own post yet, guys. Still learning. So for now, I'll just post comments.

love,
lynn

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Passionvine said...

What you shared here so true, Lynn.

My thanks to hellzen for clarifying.

Oh dear, I am soo tired, I must say goodnight, and thank you for for sharing Lynn.

I always appreciate you so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>