Mt Shuksan

In and Out of Consciousness, an invitation to peace. Anyone aware of the desire for self realization, interested in Advaita, non dualism, Hooponopono, opening the heart, anyone who wants to share with us is welcome here. You are the giver and the gift, at once.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Flower, regarded.



We WILL have tea in the afternoon someday,

and a glass of the sweetest of sherry in the evening

and get groggy because we're talking the way sisters talk

on my velvet green futon

deep, deep into the night,

until it becomes the morning

and you will fall into a peaceful sleep

with your hair matted all around your face

and your mouth slightly open

gurgling soft happy snoring sighs

and I will cover you with the afghan I made

a long time ago

before I ever met you

but I knew you a long time

before then

and stroke your hair back

from your face

and rest my hand there

and place my head

so close to yours

we breathe together

while I drift off

before dawn.

--Shining Dawn

4 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Nimbostratusdweller said...

beautiful sensual sisterhood!
I am so lucky, I have sisters now that I never had before, and souls that are kindred, truly kindred.
So many lonely years looking for souls that were also gentle and warm, and technology brings that to life, How wonderful is that?
I smile as I read this, as if I am already there partaking of the tea, and sherry, and warmth of sisterhood.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger ShiningDawn said...

You ARE already here, in my heart. Sleep well tonight, Dear One.

All Love,

Always,

SD

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger lynn said...

Oh, my friend, what a bounty to share you bring to the table, to our circle of love.

Your poetry is full of grace and compassion, connection, affection, vivid imagery, soul.

I loved talking to you this day. And guess what! Not too long after we spoke our Virgo man friend, of recent deactivation, reactivated his profile on OM!

Instead of posting his Jesus picture on his blog, or here, he reposted it on OM. I'm greatly relieved. For now he is a silent presence, there, but such a comfort.

And we do need comfort today. I just checked my gmail, and saw such a sad message from Ravi, Mctwists, whom I had just mentioned to Thom, last night. A young friend of his, Stephanie, only 17 or 18, I'm sure, died in a car accident today. And Georgia Fox had messaged me telling me of a death of a young cousin, like a brother in her faith, by his own hand today. So tragic.

In fact, there's a user thread on OM, "Parting Words," if you or sherry or Thom want to check. So grateful for this new link, spirit guide, molly miracle.

If you believe in astrology, we are in a serious Mercury Retro right now.

Well, I guess I won't post this yet, just comment, for now. Is that your front fence? How tall is it? Thanks for the amazing photo, wonderful poem, I just read. I did think of myself, the open-mouthed, soft snoring part. And you, your open, nurturing heart.

love, one, light,
lynn

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Passionvine said...

I love this poem more every time I read it. I am there, no doubt, I am there. You have painted it so colorfully, you have captured my heart.

"Laughing the way sisters laugh...
....whispering secrets of old love affairs....
....designing projects, writing poems, blowing ....pustafix bubbles in the air.
Like we always did.
Memories of making snow angels, before I met you?
Building castles in the sky...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>